- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 canned chipotle chile, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato puree
- 3 heaping tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ teapoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, until soft. Stir in adobo sauce, chipotle chile, tomato puree, chocolate chips, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, and oregano. Stir until chips have melted fully, then lower heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss sauce with shredded rotisserie chicken and use as taco filling.