- 8 seedless Persian or pickling cucumbers, each cut lengthwise into 6 spears (4 inches by ½ inch)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 2-inch pieces fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or another chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pack 4 resealable rubber-rimmed jars with the cucumber spears, garlic, and ginger, dividing evenly.
- Heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve, 5 minutes. Stir in the sriracha and sesame oil.
- Divide the brine evenly among the packed jars and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.