- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- In a blender, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt and blend until frothy.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbling (do not let it brown). With the blender running, remove the center cap from the lid and add the hot butter in a thin stream, blending until thickened. If the sauce is too thick, add warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to achieve the desired consistency.
- Note: Because the eggs in this recipe are not cooked, there is a risk of food-borne illness.