- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch fine salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350º F. Combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl.
- Roll the puff pastry into two 8 by-8-inch square on floured work surface. Cut into 16 4-by-4 inch pieces using a pizza cutter or chefs knife. Prick each square with a fork.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture on half of the pieces, dividing evenly, and leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Crimp the edges with a fork. Transfer a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway though, until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, milk, maple syrup, and the remaining pinch of salt with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the pop tarts with the glaze, dividing evenly.