Food Recipes Pumpkin Doughnuts With Sour Cream Icing 3.9 (48) 9 Reviews By Adeena Sussman Adeena Sussman Adeena is a recipe developer and food writer with more than two decades of experience sharing her know-how and co-writing cookbooks. Highlights: * Co-author of New York Times bestseller Cravings with Chrissy Teigen and Sprinkles Baking Book with Candace Nelson * Author of Sababa: Fresh, Sunny Flavors from My Israeli Kitchen * Writing and recipes have appeared in Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart Living, and more Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on October 13, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Baked pumpkin doughnuts are just the thing for a Halloween fête—especially when they’re covered with a rich sour cream frosting and a smattering of orange sprinkles. Get the recipe. Photo: Levi Brown Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins Yield: 12 doughnuts Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients Pumpkin doughnuts: ½ cup canola oil, plus more for the pans 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ¾ teaspoon fine salt ¼ teaspoon baking soda 1 cup pure pumpkin puree ¾ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup packed light brown sugar 1 large egg 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Sour cream icing: ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar 2 tablespoons sour cream ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice orange sprinkles (optional) Directions Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil two 6-compartment doughnut pans* (or use 1 pan and bake in batches). Whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix). Spoon ¼ cup batter into each compartment of the prepared pans. Bake until the doughnuts are golden brown and spring back lightly when touched, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, sour cream, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over the doughnuts. Scatter on the sprinkles, if desired. Let set before serving. *You can find doughnut pans ($8 to $20 each) online, in cookware stores, and in some supermarkets. They’re about the size of a muffin tin. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 271 Calories 11g Fat 40g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 271 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11g 14% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 19mg 6% Sodium 202mg 9% Total Carbohydrate 40g 15% Total Sugars 25g Protein 3g Calcium 24mg 2% Iron 1mg 6% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.