- 8 large eggs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 soft rolls, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Divide the eggs among the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with the prosciutto and cheese and sandwich with the tops of the rolls.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place two sandwiches in the pan.
- Cook, pressing often with a spatula or placing a pan on top to weigh down the sandwiches, until cheese has melted and bread is golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.