- 1 12-ounce round crusty bread, sliced in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 anchovies
- black pepper
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup black olives, pitted and quartered
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half lengthwise
- Hollow out the bread by removing most of the inside crumb. Reserve ½ cup of the crumb for the filling.
- Place the olive oil, capers, parsley, garlic, anchovies, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor. Pulse until the garlic is finely chopped, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, olives, and the reserved bread filling. Toss to combine.
- Layer half the mixture in the bottom half of the hollowed-out bread. Top with the hard-boiled eggs and the remaining mixture. Replace the top of the loaf. Wrap the filled loaf with plastic wrap. Weigh it down with a heavy object, such as a cast-iron skillet filled with cans. Place it in the refrigerator. Let sit at least 10 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, cut the loaf into 6 wedges with a sharp bread knife.