- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place the potatoes and parsnips in a medium pot. Cover with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over medium heat, heat the cream, milk, and butter.
- Drain the potatoes and parsnips and return to the pot. Add the cream mixture and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mash. Transfer to a serving bowl.