- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ pound potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large bulb fennel, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- hot sauce, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and fennel, season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted, 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve with the hot sauce.