- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, plus more for the grill
- 3 tablespoons Asian chili-garlic sauce or sambal oelek (found in the international aisle)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate. Combine the chili-garlic sauce and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small bowl.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest chop (avoiding the bone) registers 145° F, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Toss the peaches with the remaining tablespoon of oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Grill, turning occasionally, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the peaches with the chili-garlic sauce and sprinkle with the mint. Serve with the chops.