- 1 3.5-ounce package microwave popcorn or 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Brown the butter: Melt the butter in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl or stir the butter with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt and toss well.