- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 6-ounce skinless cod fillets
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage, the pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and sauté until soft and golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the peas and cook another minute. Remove from skillet to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining salt to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Place the cod in the pan and poach, covered, until opaque, about 4 minutes total, flipping carefully once. Transfer the cabbage and cod to plates.
- Boil the poaching liquid over high heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon over the cabbage and cod before serving.