- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch Swiss chard or kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan or pot, bring the leeks, potatoes, fennel, thyme, broth, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, return to a gentle simmer, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard or kale and cook until the greens are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thickly slice it.
- Divide the chicken among individual bowls. Spoon the vegetables over the chicken and drizzle with the oil.