- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 teaspoons onion jam (or another chutney)
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 4 thick slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup watercress
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spread two slices of the bread with onion jam. Layer the cheddar, apple, and watercress on the two slices. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining bread with mustard and top the sandwiches.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly with plastic film or wax paper if you are packing them, or serve immediately.