- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ cups raw pine nuts
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-size balls. Spread the pine nuts on a plate. Roll each ball in the pine nuts, pressing so the nuts adhere. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely.