- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan (optional)
- Heat toaster oven to 350° F. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the oven’s baking tray and tilt to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, ½ cup of the pesto, egg, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper. With your hands, mix just until combined. Shape into 12 meatballs, using about ¼ cup of the mixture for each.
- Transfer the meatballs to the tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup pesto and 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon over the cooked meatballs and turn to coat.
- Divide the meatballs and couscous among plates and sprinkle with the Parmesan (if desired).