- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated (the dough will be crumbly). Mix in the pecans.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake until the edges are golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Note: Total Time includes cooling time.