- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1⅓ cups whole milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for skillet
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, peanut butter, butter, egg, and egg yolk in a bowl until smooth. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Brush skillet with a little melted butter. Working in batches, spoon batter by ¼-cupfuls into hot skillet. When tops of pancakes are covered with bubbles and edges are dry, turn pancakes. Cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute. Top pancakes evenly with whipped cream and chocolate sauce if using.