- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), quartered, or fresh mozzarella, cubed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- In a large bowl, gently combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, bocconcini, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside and let marinate at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the drained pasta and basil to the marinated tomatoes and toss to combine. Divide among individual bowls.