- 8 ounces pappardelle or some other wide pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, quartered, cored, and sliced (8 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the prosciutto, butter, and sage and cook until the butter has melted. Serve over the pasta.