- 5 cups 1-inch whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup oil-cured olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Dry the bread in a 350° F oven on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, and salt. Fold in the bread, tomatoes, onion, olives, and basil. Toss with the Parmesan.