- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4), scrubbed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (preferably smoked)
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast until golden and crisp, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the potatoes with the aioli for dipping.