- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- coleslaw and ketchup, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread crumbs with the oil, seafood seasoning, and ½ teaspoon salt. Toast in oven, tossing once, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl and wipe out the baking sheet. In a second shallow bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, dip the fish in the beaten eggs (shaking off any excess), then coat with the bread crumbs (pressing gently to help them adhere). Place in a single layer on 2 large parchment-lined large baking sheets.
- Bake the fish sticks until crisp and opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the coleslaw and ketchup.
- The uncooked fish sticks can be frozen for up to 3 months. First freeze them on the baking sheets until firm, then transfer to freezer bags. To cook, bake from frozen on parchment-lined baking sheets until crisp and opaque throughout, 18 to 20 minutes.