- 12 ounces orecchiette or some other short pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¾ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, walnuts, oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.)
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.