- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pear, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- Heat the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and ginger in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the sugar melts, about 3 minutes.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and add to the skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onion, pear, wine, and orange zest and juice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and pear slices to plates.
- Simmer the sauce until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes, and pour over the chicken.