- 1 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup Russian dressing
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- chips, for serving
- Heat broiler. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Toast the bread.
- Dividing evenly, top the bread with the Russian dressing, steak, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. Broil until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the sandwiches with the chips.