- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice (sushi) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles, whole wheat spaghetti, or fettuccine
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced, about 1 cup (or 2 regular cucumbers)
- 2 cups broccoli-heart (or cabbage) coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and oil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the soba noodles until just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water until they are cool. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, scallions, cucumber, and slaw and toss with the dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.