- Unsalted butter, for the pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon 16-ounce jar almond butter
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, buttering in between and leaving and overhang on all sides; butter the parchment.
- Cook the sugar and 1/3 cup water in a medium pot over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar is just dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to cook, without stirring, until the syrup is a dark golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes more. (If dark spots start to appear in the sugar mixture, gently swirl the pan to incorporate.)
- Remove from heat and carefully add the cream and salt (the mixture will sputter); stir until combined. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the almond butter, sesame seeds, pistachios, and apricots. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the surface with an offset spatula or knife.
- Chill until set, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Holding the paper overhang, lift the bars out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars (8 rows by 3 rows).
Tip: You can substitute pecans for the pistachios and raisins for the apricots.