- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the kale, broth, mustard, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.