- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan and hands
- 1 bag (10 ounces) marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cups M&Ms (peanut or regular)
- Grease a large baking sheet. Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows. Salt and cook until completely melted and smooth, stirring often.
- Add the popcorn to the melted marshmallow mixture and stir until well coated. Scrape mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and let it cool slightly.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle but still warm, used buttered hands to form the popcorn into 8 equal-sized balls. Let cool completely before eating.