- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced (about ½ cup)
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chive
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, parsley, chive, and thyme in a medium bowl. Whisk in the sautéed shallot.
- Fill the cups of a nonstick mini-muffin pan with the egg mixture, stirring the contents of each once or twice so the ingredients are evenly distributed. Bake until the tops are puffed and the egg is set, about 12-15 minutes. Cool slightly, about 1 minute, before removing from pan with a spoon or a skewer. Serve warm or at room temperature.