- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 32-ounce container vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (or other white) beans
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans (optional)
- 1 9- or 16-ounce package frozen green beans
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 5-ounce bag fresh spinach or one 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- crusty bread
- In a large pot, over medium heat, bring the tomatoes and their liquid to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, cannellini, and kidney beans (if using) and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and spinach and stir until wilted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve with the bread.