- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat the poultry, meat, or seafood with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rub, pressing gently to help it adhere to the food.
- Cook on a lightly oiled grill to the desired doneness.
Note: Try this rub when grilling boneless chicken breasts, turkey cutlets, skirt steak, lamb chops, shrimp, and striped bass.