- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 2-ounce envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups saltines (about 4 ounces), finely ground
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the beef, soup mix, cheese, parsley (if using), eggs, and saltines. Add the water and combine.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a baking dish and form it into a 9-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- If using barbecue sauce, remove the meat loaf from oven after 25 minutes and pour the sauce over the top. Return to oven for about 15 minutes more.