- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds salad tomatoes (about 5 medium), chopped
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until a fork easily pierces a potato.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic. Mash with a potato masher or a fork until smooth. Blend in the milk, butter, parsley, scallions, Parmesan, and salt. Gently fold in the tomatoes.