- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the baking sheets and for drizzling
- flour, for the work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 450° F. Brush 2 large baking sheets with oil. On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 4 rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheets and brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Dividing evenly, top the rounds with the marinara, mozzarella, Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bake until the crust is crisp and golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Drizzle with oil and top with the basil.