- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces Cheddar, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs are just set, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Cheddar and cook, stirring, until just melted, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes and parsley.
- Drizzle the bread with oil and serve alongside the eggs.