- 8 pieces thinly sliced white sandwich bread
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound liverwurst sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cucumber (peeled, if waxed), sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Arrange the bread slices on a clean work surface. Spread each slice with some of the mayonnaise, then spread 4 of the slices with the mustard.
- Arrange the liverwurst on the mustard-coated bread slices. Drape the cucumber over the liverwurst. Sprinkle with the caraway seeds, then top with the remaining slices of bread, mayonnaise-side down.
- Using a serrated knife, trim the crusts. Slice each sandwich in half before serving.