- 12 ounces linguine (3/4 box)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan (about 3 ounces)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus mixture to the pasta along with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.