- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag, a shallow bowl, or a baking dish.
- Add 2 pounds of poultry, meat, seafood, or vegetables and refrigerate, covered, at least 20 minutes and up to overnight. (For fish and scallops, marinate for no more than 15 minutes or they may become mushy.)
- Turn the food occasionally so all surfaces are exposed to the marinade.
- Before cooking, remove the food from the container, shake off the excess liquid, and discard the marinade. (Always toss a marinade once you’ve soaked raw meat in it―the mixture may be contaminated with bacteria).
- Cook on a lightly oiled grill to the desired doneness.
Best with: Bone-in chicken pieces, lamb chops, butterflied boneless leg of lamb, shrimp, striped bass, summer squash, zucchini, and red onions.