- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds asparagus (2 bunches), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and Parmesan.