- 1 5- to 7-ounce package shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 apricots or other stone fruits, thinly sliced
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add the butter and a pinch of salt and pulse to combine. Using a straight-sided dry measuring cup or glass, press the crumbs over the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Cover and chill until firm, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar using an electric mixer on medium speed until very soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sour cream, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth.
- Beat the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form; fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- One hour before serving, combine the apricots and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until juicy, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve the cheesecake topped with the apricots.