- 2 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 bunches Tuscan or lacinato kale or 1 medium bunch curly kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 4 ounces shaved pecorino
- Heat oven to 400° F. Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast, rotating the sheets and tossing the potatoes halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the kale and rub together with clean hands to tenderize and coat the leaves. Add the apple, almonds, and sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad topped with the shaved pecorino.