- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- all-purpose flour for work surface
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup raspberry or strawberry jelly
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Bring dough to room temperature in its packaging (about 1 hour).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a ¼-inch-thick rectangle. Cut out circles using a 1½-inch cutter. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Pour oil into a large heavy pot to a depth of 2 inches and fit pot with a deep fry thermometer. Heat oil to 350°F. Working in batches, fry the dough circles, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 1½ minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the jam to a plastic bag and snip the corner. When the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, use a wooden skewer or toothpick to form a hole in the center of each, wiggling the skewer to create space for the jelly. Pipe just enough jelly into each doughnut so that it appears in the opening. Dust the doughnuts with powdered sugar and serve immediately.