- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce box jambalaya or fiesta rice mix
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, crushing them with the back of a spoon, along with their juices and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice mix. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for the time specified on the package.
- Stir in the shrimp and continue to cook, covered, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper sauce, if desired. Divide the jambalaya among bowls.