Food Recipes Jam Sandwich Cookies 3.2 (184) Add your rating & review Dust the tops of these buttery, jam-filled cookies with confectioners’ sugar for a beautiful wintry effect. By Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie is a chef and food editor with over 20 years of experience. Her work has appeared in Gourmet Magazine, Bon Appétit, AOL's Kitchen Daily, and Real Simple, among others. Highlights: * Over 20 years of experience in the food industry * Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management degree * Baking & Pastry certificate from the Institute of Culinary Education * Former food editor at Gourmet Magazine Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on August 29, 2014 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Raymond Hom Hands On Time: 35 mins Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins Yield: 30 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the work surface ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon kosher salt 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup granulated sugar 1 large egg ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar 1 cup seedless raspberry jam Directions In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. (Do not overmix.) Form the dough into 2 disks and wrap in plastic. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Heat oven to 375° F with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Working with 1 disk at a time (keep the remaining disks chilled), on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out ¼ inch thick. Using a lightly floured 1½-inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. (If the dough becomes too soft, chill briefly on a baking sheet.) Bake the cookies, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and dust the tops with ½ cup of the confectioners’ sugar. Spread half the cookies with ½ teaspoon jam each, then sandwich with the rest of the cookies. Just before serving, sprinkle the cookies with the remaining ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar. Storage Suggestion Keep the cookies at room temperature, between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, for up to two days. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 139 Calories 5g Fat 23g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 139 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 19mg 6% Sodium 44mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 23g 8% Total Sugars 16g Protein 1g Calcium 5mg 0% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.