- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 pint red or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup arugula, torn
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook about 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to crumble it.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins burst, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked fettuccine, basil, and arugula and toss gently to combine. Serve in bowls and top with the Parmesan.