- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or sherry
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 7-ounce beef tenderloin fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound steamed snow peas
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Combine the soy sauce, rice wine, honey, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, and the garlic in a shallow dish. Place the fillets in the dish and turn to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Toss the potatoes with the sesame seeds, salt, 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, and the remaining sesame oil. Transfer to a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Let the excess marinade drip from the fillets and sauté them for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a baking pan and roast 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining marinade to the skillet. Boil and cook for 1 minute. Serve over the fillets with the potatoes and snow peas.