- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes (about 3), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, toss the chicken and potatoes with 1½ tablespoons of the canola oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the scallions with the remaining ½ tablespoon of canola oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken and potatoes, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side. After 5 minutes, add the scallions and cook, turning occasionally, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, brush the chicken with the hoisin sauce and turn occasionally.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the sesame oil, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve with the chicken and scallions.