- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Tuck the herbs between the legs and breast. Rub with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F in the breast. (Be careful not to touch bone with the thermometer; bone will register a higher temperature than the meat.)
- Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes to allow the meat to finish cooking.